Friday, March 7, 2014

Selections from Brooks Brothers' Spring 2014 Catalogue

My Brooks Brothers catalogue came in the past few days and I flipped through it and noticed a few repliKates That I want to share. Let me take a moment to say that I cannot think of a company that puts out more stunning catalogues. It isn't that othe apparel places do not present stunning editorial pieces, but there is something absolutely, luxuriously stunning about their models, the staging, everything. Really, really beautiful shoots out of Brooks Brothers.  But, to the clothes.

BB describes this dress as a blue lace, but it looks a little like eyelet to me. As a replicate it is a mix between Kate's Erdem from the deplaning in Canada and the white McQueen from the South East Asia tour. And certainly is a perfect match for her signature navy blue.

Brooks Brothers Spring 2014 Catalogue

Brooks Brothers Online

Since this was the spring catalogue, BB is already gearing up for summer activities. Derby Day is a big deal here in the good 'ole USA. Whereas some of you get to wear hats to weddings and all number of formal occasions, for better or worse, we just haven't maintained that tradition here. I have actually been invited to a wedding in France this summer, and I realized that if I go I can wear a hat. I can wear a hat to a wedding and pretend I am Kate Middleton. I am so excited and am scouring the world for the perfect chapeau. Back to Brooks Brothers. Here, Derby Day refers to the Kentucky Derby and there are preppy parties all over the United States with Pimms and hats and other fun things. Perhaps it is secretly National British Colony Nostalgia Day, I don't know. If I seem sarcastic, I am not. I think it is great! Brooks Brothers suggests this beautiful pale green silk dress.

Brooks Brothers Spring 2014 Catalogue 

It reminds me of a mix between the pale green dress she wore once to polo before she married, and the green Libélula dress she wore in May of 2012 to one of William's games. (If you see the old post, the green dress from before her marriage is on there, too. Sleeveless, v-neck...) If you read the old post, you will also notice that I did not love the Libélula dress at the time, which would legitimately leave you asking why I am suggesting a replicate. But, this isn't an exact copy, I think it blends the best of both elements in the two polo dresses featured on Kate. 



Derby Day is still a whiles away--as is that wedding I am planning for--but it is never too early to start thinking... ;)

1 comment:

  1. I think if Kate Middleton were to wear brands Americans would recognize, they would be J. Crew, Brooks Brothers, and Bannana Republic. I love her style


    http://indoboarder.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete